Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The night before

It's 9:30 pm and I am pretty well ready to go. My bag is packed and Julie is finishing up a super-playlist of good music for my looooong journey. There is lots left to prepare for my presentations at the Regional Meeting, but that will fall into place.

As I sit here looking at the Christmas tree my kittens have all but destroyed, I can't believe that when I get home it will be the week before Christmas. It makes me excited to know that so soon after arriving home I will be surrounded by family and friends.

I can't quite describe how I'm feeling right now. I suppose it is a mix of anticipation and disbelief. There is so much to look forward to over the next month. Advent has always been a time of great anticipation for me. This Advent I will be reflecting on all of the blessings in my life in a way I've never done before.

My flight leaves Halifax tomorrow afternoon (Nov 28) at 3:15 pm. I will arrive in Bangalore at 12:21 am on Nov 30 (India time). The duration of my travel is 26 hours. Keep me in your prayers for the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alisha!
    I know you don't land in Bangalore until 2 a.m. Friday morning, but couldn't you have made a post while in the airport in Frankfurt this morning? ;) hehe just kidding!
    Just a wee note to let you know we're thinking of and praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... Actually looked for internet to do just that and then curled up on some chairs and crashed! My 4 hour layover turned into nap time. I think since I left Canada I've had about 7 hours of sleep altogether.
      Thanks for all the prayers! They certainly worked. I made it safely (see upcoming blog post for details).
      :)

      Delete